Ready, Set, Show! Back to School Math Game Subtraction Facts
Fun math fact practice with a back to school theme that’s ready in seconds!
Use this digital subtraction facts activity with white boards to add some school-themed FUN to your math fact fluency practice.
Second and third grade students love the school supply graphics obscuring the digits in their subtraction equations, and you’ll love how engaged your students are with their math facts.
This digital resource is a perfect fact practice or review activity you can use immediately with your 2nd or 3rd grade students. No paper needed! It includes subtraction fact practice problems that meet first, second, and third grade (review) standards + missing minuend/subtrahend and equal equation problems to provide a challenge.
Use this subtraction fact practice activity as a:
- Whole class math warmup
- Small group activity during math centers (display the show on an iPad or Chromebook)
- Fun back to school math activity during the first month of the year
- Review activity before a timed test
- Brain break – have students shout out answers while doing a popcorn (stand up/jump/sit down) or jumping jack instead of using white boards. Fun and easy!
The interactive slide show contains every subtraction equation with a minuend of 1-20 + 20 challenge problems for built in differentiation.
The PowerPoint includes 230 total subtraction problems organized into the following sections:
- Student intro and instructions
- 1 Practice problem
- 54 Subtraction problems with a minuend of 1-10
- 90 Subtraction problems with a 2-digit minuend & 1-digit subtrahend
- 65 Subtraction problems with a 2-digit minuend & 2-digit subtrahend
- 20 Challenge problems
- Editable teacher slides and instructions
- Thank you, credits & copyright
If you would like to make changes to the slide show, the text boxes on the instruction & practice problem slides are editable + there are 4 editable slides included at the end of the show for you to edit, copy, and paste into the existing show so you can reuse this resource. The clip art is not included on the editable slides due to copyright restrictions. However, links to the free & paid clip art sets used are provided in the teacher notes within the product.
Type of File: 1 PowerPoint file (with embedded font on editable slides)
Total Pages/Slides: 938 slides
Terms & Conditions
- Use this item for your own classroom and/or students.
- Move, copy, or delete slides to personalize the product for your classroom needs.
- Add slides using the editable templates.
- Use this product in your own classroom year after year.
You may not:
- Give this item to others.
- Copy this item for use by others.
- Use any piece of this product to create a product, free or priced.
- Post, share, or save this product to any sort of digital site or server including, but not limited to, a personal, classroom, or district website.
All items in the Super Teacher store are digital product downloads. No items will be shipped to you. After your purchase you will receive an order confirmation email with an automatic download link for your digital product.
When you create a login during your purchase, in addition to having a direct link to the product sent to your email, you will also be able to download your purchase from this site.
Returns & Refunds
Because all products are digital files, and you will have immediate access to them after purchase, I cannot refund customers once a download link has been used. However, refunds will be given if you have purchased a product in error, or have purchased duplicates of a product. Please contact me by replying to your purchase confirmation email, or at the contact information below with any questions.
If you have any questions before purchase, feel free to email me at [email protected] or contact me through the contact forms here on the site. I would love to hear from you!
You can also purchase this product at Teachers Pay Teachers HERE.
There are no reviews yet.