Back to School Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Use these back to school themed math activities to challenge your high flying 2nd and 3rd grade students with advanced math problem solving FUN from the first day of school.
Includes printable + Google Slides Versions.
These September math challenges & brainteasers have engaging school themes students love, and are a perfect way to extend and enrich your advanced second and third grade mathematicians’ learning.
Recommended as a challenge for 2nd and 3rd grade students.
Want a closer look? Download a preview of this product HERE.
The September Math Challenge and Brainteaser Pack includes 26 NO PREP printable + virtual math activities you can use for math centers, homework, fast finishers, small groups, number talks, math contracts, advanced math assessments or whole class problem solving!
Back to School themes include: school supplies, recess, class assignments, lunch, teaching, libraries, specialty classes, and centers.
Included in this pack:
13 Math Challenges
- Center Activities (Adding 1-digit numbers to 30, guess and check)
- Lunch Number Who am I? (Place value to four-digits, logical thinking, guess and check)
- Penny Prep (Adding multiple 2-digit numbers or multiplication with 2-digit numbers)
- Bike, Walk, or Bus (Adding 1 and 2-digit numbers within 30, guess and check)
- What’s for Lunch? (Finding all possible combinations)
- Lunch Card Mix Up (Adding multiple 1-digit numbers, logical thinking, guess and check)
- Pencils & Erasers (Adding coins to $2.25, problem solving)
- School Supplies (Adding and subtracting coins and bills to $10.00, logical thinking)
- Library Leftovers (Multiplying and subtracting 1, 2, and 3-digit numbers)
- Crayon Boxes (Adding or subtracting multiple 2-digit numbers, division with a 3-digit number)
- Assessment Day (Adding minutes, converting minutes to hours)
- Obstacle Course (Mixed operations, converting seconds to minutes)
- Specialty Classes (Elapsed time, logical thinking)
All math challenges come with a lined page for written responses focused on strategies students used to solve the problem
- Desks in a Row (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Class Assignments (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Lunch Tables (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Recess Activities (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Colored Pencil Orders #1 (Place value with ones and tens, easier)
- Colored Pencil Orders #2 (Place value with ones, tens, and hundreds, more difficult)
- School Supply Sentences #1 (Addition and subtraction within 20, balancing equations)
- School Supply Sentences #2 (Addition and subtraction within 100, balancing equations)
- TEAM Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, easier)
- WORK Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, easier)
- TEACH Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, more difficult)
- LEARN Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, more difficult)
- DISCOVERY Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, most difficult)
- Student resource page with common conversions and extra info students might need to help solve these problems.
- Link to an interactive Google Slides version
- Google Slides FAQ and tutorial videos
- Answer keys for every problem
Type of File: Secured PDF digital download with link to Google Slides versions
Total Pages: 71 pages
Answer Keys: Included for every problem
Terms & Conditions
- Use this item for your own classroom and/or students.
- Make copies of anything in this product for use in your classroom by your students.
- Use this product in your own classroom year after year.
You may not:
- Give this item to others.
- Copy this item for use by others.
- Use any piece of this product to create a product, free or priced.
- Post, share, or save this product to any sort of digital site or server including, but not limited to, a personal, classroom, or district website.
All items in the Super Teacher store are digital product downloads. No items will be shipped to you. After your purchase you will receive an order confirmation email with an automatic download link for your digital product.
When you create a login during your purchase, in addition to having a direct link to the product sent to your email, you will also be able to download your purchase from this site.
Returns & Refunds
Because all products are digital files, and you will have immediate access to them after purchase, I cannot refund customers once a download link has been used. However, refunds will be given if you have purchased a product in error, or have purchased duplicates of a product. Please contact me by replying to your purchase confirmation email, or at the contact information below with any questions.
If you have any questions before purchase, feel free to email me at [email protected] or contact me through the contact forms here on the site. I would love to hear from you!
If you like this product, you might also like:
A YEAR of Math Challenges & Brainteasers Super Bundle
October Math Challenges & Brainteasers
November Math Challenges & Brainteasers
December Math Challenges & Brainteasers
January Math Challenges & Brainteasers
February Math Challenges & Brainteasers
March Math Challenges & Brainteasers
April Math Challenges & Brainteasers
May Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Summer Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Animal Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Camping Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Travel Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Wonka Math Challenges & Brainteasers
You can also purchase this product at Teachers Pay Teachers HERE.
There are no reviews yet.