Ready, Set, Show! Contractions
This paperless contractions game is perfect for busy 2nd and 3rd teachers who need a NO PREP introduction or review of contractions.
This digital contractions activity will add some fun to your English language arts instruction and is EASY TO PREP for in-person or Google Classroom use. Just PROJECT and PLAY!
Includes PowerPoint and Google Slides versions.
Want a closer look? You can download a preview of this resource here.
This digital contractions game is intended to be a practice or review activity you can use immediately with your second or third grade students. It includes 101 contractions questions based on 2nd grade ELA standards.
Use this ELA activity as a:
- Guided practice activity
- Informal contractions assessment
- Small group activity during literacy centers (display the show on an iPad or Chromebook)
- Review activity before an end of unit assessment or standardized test
- Brain Break – have students shout out answers instead of using white boards. Fun (and easy!).
The 101 contractions problems are organized into the following sections:
- Student intro and instructions
- 1 Practice question
- 10 Choose the contraction multiple choice problems
- 10 Write the contraction problems
- 10 Write the words that form a contraction problems
- 10 Complete the sentence multiple choice problems
- 10 Complete the sentence fill-in-the-blank problems
- 10 Choose the correct spelling of a contraction problems
- 10 Write a sentence using a given contraction problems
- 30 Mixed problems for quick review
- Editable teacher slides and instructions (in PowerPoint version only)
- Thank you, credits & copyright
If you would like to make changes to the slide show, the text boxes on the instruction & practice problem slides are editable + there are 4 editable slides included at the end of the show for you to edit, copy, and paste into the existing show so you can personalize and/or reuse this resource. Editable slides are included in the PowerPoint version only.
The digital download includes:
- 1 PowerPoint file (with embedded font on editable slides)
- Link to a Google Slides version of the activity
Type of File: 1 PowerPoint file (with embedded font on editable slides) + link to a Google Classroom version of the activity
Total Pages/Slides: 430 slides
Terms & Conditions
- Use this item for your own classroom and/or students.
- Move, copy, or delete slides to personalize the product for your classroom needs.
- Add slides using the editable templates
- Use this product in your own classroom year after year.
You may not:
- Give this item to others.
- Copy this item for use by others.
- Use any piece of this product to create a product, free or priced.
- Post, share, or save this product to any sort of digital site or server including, but not limited to, a personal, classroom, or district website.
All items in the Super Teacher store are digital product downloads. No items will be shipped to you. After your purchase you will receive an order confirmation email with an automatic download link for your digital product.
When you create a login during your purchase, in addition to having a direct link to the product sent to your email, you will also be able to download your purchase from this site.
Returns & Refunds
Because all products are digital files, and you will have immediate access to them after purchase, I cannot refund customers once a download link has been used. However, refunds will be given if you have purchased a product in error, or have purchased duplicates of a product. Please contact me by replying to your purchase confirmation email, or at the contact information below with any questions.
If you have any questions before purchase, feel free to email me at [email protected] or contact me through the contact forms here on the site. I would love to hear from you!
You can also purchase this product at Teachers Pay Teachers HERE.