Ready, Set, Show! Verbs
A FUN verbs introduction or review activity that’s READY IN SECONDS!
Practice identifying action and linking verbs, past present and future tense, and subject-verb agreement with this interactive parts of speech game. Includes PowerPoint and Google Slides versions.
This digital verbs game will add some fun to your English language arts instruction and is EASY TO PREP for in-person or Google Classroom use. Just PROJECT and PLAY!
Want a closer look? You can download a preview of this product HERE.
This digital resource is intended to be a practice or review activity you can use immediately with your second or third grade students. It includes 151 verbs questions based on 2nd and 3rd grade ELA standards.
Includes a Google Slides version. The links, along with instructions, can be found to the left of slide 1 or in the Notes section of slide 1 when viewing the PowerPoint in editing (not presentation) mode. The Google Classroom version does not include teacher directions or editable text boxes and slides, so it is ready to be shared directly with students and parents via Google Classroom as a homework or independent practice activity.
Use this ELA activity as a:
- Guided practice activity
- Informal verbs assessment
- Small group activity during literacy centers (display the show on an iPad or Chromebook)
- Review activity before an end of unit assessment or standardized test
- Brain Break – have students shout out answers instead of using white boards. Fun (and easy!).
The 151 verbs problems are organized into the following sections:
- Student intro and instructions
- 1 Practice question
- 35 Identifying verbs questions
- 35 Past/present/future tense questions
- 35 Subject-verb agreement questions
- 45 Mixed problems (identifying, past/present/future tense, and subject-verb agreement) for quick review
- Editable teacher slides and instructions (in PowerPoint version only)
- Thank you, credits & copyright
If you would like to make changes to the slide show, the text boxes on the instruction & practice problem slides are editable + there are 4 editable slides included at the end of the show for you to edit, copy, and paste into the existing show so you can personalize and/or reuse this resource. Editable slides are included in the PowerPoint version only.
The digital download includes:
- 1 PowerPoint file (with embedded font on editable slides)
- Link to a Google Slides version of the activity
Type of File: 1 PowerPoint file (with embedded font on editable slides) + link to a Google Classroom version of the activity
Total Pages/Slides: 620 slides
Terms & Conditions
- Use this item for your own classroom and/or students.
- Move, copy, or delete slides to personalize the product for your classroom needs.
- Add slides using the editable templates
- Use this product in your own classroom year after year.
You may not:
- Give this item to others.
- Copy this item for use by others.
- Use any piece of this product to create a product, free or priced.
- Post, share, or save this product to any sort of digital site or server including, but not limited to, a personal, classroom, or district website.
All items in the Super Teacher store are digital product downloads. No items will be shipped to you. After your purchase you will receive an order confirmation email with an automatic download link for your digital product.
When you create a login during your purchase, in addition to having a direct link to the product sent to your email, you will also be able to download your purchase from this site.
Returns & Refunds
Because all products are digital files, and you will have immediate access to them after purchase, I cannot refund customers once a download link has been used. However, refunds will be given if you have purchased a product in error, or have purchased duplicates of a product. Please contact me by replying to your purchase confirmation email, or at the contact information below with any questions.
If you have any questions before purchase, feel free to email me at [email protected] or contact me through the contact forms here on the site. I would love to hear from you!
You can also purchase this product at Teachers Pay Teachers HERE.