Ready, Set, Show! Summer Addition
This paperless addition math fact practice game with summer themes is ready to go in seconds!
Perfect for an easy end of the year math review, summer tutoring, or summer school math activity.
Students love the surf boards, sand castles, and ice cream cones obscuring the digits in their addition equations, and you’ll love how engaged your students are with their addition facts.
Want a closer look? You can download a preview of this product HERE.
**Includes a Google Classroom version. This link, along with instructions, can be found to the left of slide 1 and in the notes section of slide 1 when viewing the PowerPoint in editing (not presentation) mode. The Google Classroom version does not include teacher directions or editable text boxes and slides, so it is ready to be shared directly with students and parents via Google Classroom.**
Summer themed art includes: poppies, the beach, sunscreen, ice cream, popsicles, lemonade, barbecues, hot dogs, hamburgers, palm trees, pineapples, surfboards, and fireflies (or lightning bugs)
This digital resource is a perfect fact practice or review activity you can use immediately with your second grade or third grade students. It includes addition fact practice problems that meet first, second, and third grade (review) standards + missing addend and equal equation problems to provide a challenge.
Use this addition fact practice activity as a:
- Whole class math warmup
- Summer school or summer tutoring math review
- Small group activity during math centers (display the show on an iPad or Chromebook)
- Fun math activity during the month of May, June, July, or August
- Review activity before a timed test
- Brain break – have students shout and/or act out answers in the manner of the clip art instead of using white boards. Fun & easy!
The interactive slide show contains every addition equation with a sum of 2-20. 100 total addition equation questions + 20 challenge problems with missing addends are included for NO PREP differentiation.
The PowerPoint includes 120 addition problems organized into the following sections:
- Student intro and instructions
- 1 Practice question
- 24 addition equations with sums 2-10
- 75 addition equations with sums 11-20
- 20 challenge questions with missing addends
- Editable teacher slides and instructions
- Thank you, credits & copyright
If you would like to make changes to the slide show, the text boxes on the instruction & practice problem slides are editable + there are 4 editable slides included at the end of the show for you to edit, copy, and paste into the existing show so you can reuse this resource.
The clip art is not included on the editable slides due to copyright restrictions. However, links to the free & paid clip art sets used are provided in the teacher notes within the product.
The digital download includes:
- 1 PowerPoint file (with embedded font on editable slides)
- Link to a Google Slides version of the activity
Type of File: 1 PowerPoint file (with embedded font on editable slides) + link to a Google Classroom version of the activity
Total Pages/Slides: 498 slides
- Use this item for your own classroom and/or students.
- Move, copy, or delete slides to personalize the product for your classroom needs.
- Add slides using the editable templates
- Use this product in your own classroom year after year.
You may not:
- Give this item to others.
- Copy this item for use by others.
- Use any piece of this product to create a product, free or priced.
- Post, share, or save this product to any sort of digital site or server including, but not limited to, a personal, classroom, or district website.
When you create a login during your purchase, in addition to having a direct link to the product sent to your email, you will also be able to download your purchase from this site.
If you have any questions before purchase, feel free to email me at [email protected] or contact me through the contact forms here on the site. I would love to hear from you!
You can also purchase this product at Teachers Pay Teachers HERE.
There are no reviews yet.