Summer Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Use these NO PREP printable + virtual summer themed math activities to challenge your high flying 2nd and 3rd grade students with math problem solving FUN during the months of June, July, or August.
These summer math challenges & brainteasers have engaging seasonal themes students love, and are a perfect way to extend and enrich your advanced second and third grade mathematicians’ learning!
Recommended as a challenge for grades 2-3.
Want a closer look? Download a preview of this product here.
The Summer Math Challenge and Brainteaser Pack includes 25 NO PREP math printables + virtual math activities and answer keys you can use for second and third grade summer challenge packets, summer school work, summer tutoring fun, math enrichment contracts, math groups, homework, fast finishers, math centers, number talks, or whole class problem solving.
Summer themes include: sun, swimming, the beach, Father’s Day, 4th of July, ice cream, water park, 10K race, and barbecues
Included in this pack:
10 Math Challenges
- Beach Reading (Addition to 100, guess and check, logical thinking)
- Swimming Pool (Perimeter, area, guess and check, logical thinking)
- Totally Tubular (Elapsed time, multiplication, division)
- Double Scoop Cones (Combinations, organizing data)
- Seashells by the Seashore (Doubling and tripling numbers, organizing data)
- Tasty Treats (Multiplication with 1 and 2-digit numbers, multiples of ten)
- Are We There Yet? (Elapsed time, Multiplication)
- Bucket Builders (Capacity, converting cups and quarts to gallons)
- Summer Barbecue (Doubling numbers, guess and check, logical thinking)
- BolderBoulder 10K (Adding and subtracting with hours, minutes, and seconds)
All math challenges come with a lined page for written responses focused on strategies students used to solve the problem
- Frozen Flavors (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Castles in the Sand (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Road Trip (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Sunrise, Sunset #1 (Elapsed time, determining hours of daylight, more difficult)
- Sunrise, Sunset #2 (Elapsed time, determining sunrise/sunset times, hours of daylight, most difficult)
- Ice Cream Truck #1 (Money, adding coins and bills to $5.00, easier)
- Ice Cream Truck #2 (Money, adding coins and bills to $5.00, more difficult)
- Sunny Sentences #1 (Addition and subtraction to 20, balancing equations)
- Sunny Sentences #2 (Addition and subtraction to 100, balancing equations)
- SWIM Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, easier)
- JUNE Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, easier)
- JULY Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, easier)
- CASTLE Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, more difficult)
- FATHER Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, more difficult)
- 4TH OF JULY Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, most difficult)
- Student resource page with common conversions and extra info students might need to help solve these problems.
- Link to an interactive Google Slides version
- Google Slides FAQ and tutorial videos
- Answer keys for every problem
Type of File: Secured PDF digital download
Total Pages: 66 pages
Answer Keys: Included for every problem
Terms & Conditions
- Use this item for your own classroom and/or students.
- Make copies of anything in this product for use in your classroom by your students.
- Use this product in your own classroom year after year.
You may not:
- Give this item to others.
- Copy this item for use by others.
- Use any piece of this product to create a product, free or priced.
- Post, share, or save this product to any sort of digital site or server including, but not limited to, a personal, classroom, or district website.
All items in the Super Teacher store are digital product downloads. No items will be shipped to you. After your purchase you will receive an order confirmation email with an automatic download link for your digital product.
When you create a login during your purchase, in addition to having a direct link to the product sent to your email, you will also be able to download your purchase from this site.
Returns & Refunds
Because all products are digital files, and you will have immediate access to them after purchase, I cannot refund customers once a download link has been used. However, refunds will be given if you have purchased a product in error, or have purchased duplicates of a product. Please contact me by replying to your purchase confirmation email, or at the contact information below with any questions.
If you have any questions before purchase, feel free to email me at [email protected] or contact me through the contact forms here on the site. I would love to hear from you!
If you like this product, you might also like:
A YEAR of Math Challenges & Brainteasers Super Bundle
September Math Challenges & Brainteasers
October Math Challenges & Brainteasers
November Math Challenges & Brainteasers
December Math Challenges & Brainteasers
January Math Challenges & Brainteasers
February Math Challenges & Brainteasers
March Math Challenges & Brainteasers
April Math Challenges & Brainteasers
May Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Animal Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Camping Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Travel Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Wonka Math Challenges & Brainteasers
You can also purchase this product at Teachers Pay Teachers HERE.
There are no reviews yet.