**Updated 3/22/2020 with a Google Classroom version. This link, along with instructions, can be found to the left of slide 1 when viewing the PowerPoint in editing (not presentation) mode. The Google Classroom version does not include teacher directions or editable text boxes and slides, so it is ready to be shared directly with students and parents via Google Classroom as a distance learning activity.**
This digital resource is intended to be a math practice or review activity you can use immediately with your second grade or third grade students. The interactive slide show contains 41 counting change problems using half dollars, quarters, dimes, nickels, and pennies + 10 challenge problems for NO PREP differentiation.
Use this counting money activity as a:
- Whole class or small group activity to show student understanding
- Pre-assessment before your money unit
- Review activity before your unit test
- Spiral review throughout the year or during testing season
- Brain break – have students shout out answers while doing a popcorn or jumping jack instead of using white boards. Fun (and easy!)
Includes 51 counting change problems organized into the following sections:
- Student intro and instructions
- 1 Practice question
- 20 problems with totals under $1.00
- 20 problems with totals between $1.00 and $5.00
- 10 challenge problems
- 8 editable teacher slides and instructions (in PowerPoint version only)
- Thank you, credits & copyright
If you would like to make changes to the slide show, the text boxes on the instruction & practice problem slides are editable + there are 8 editable slides included at the end of the show for you to edit, copy, and paste into the existing show so you can personalize and/or reuse this resource. Editable slides are included in the PowerPoint version only.
The clip art is not included on the editable slides due to copyright restrictions. However, links to the clip art sets used are provided in the teacher notes within the product.
When you purchase you will receive:
- 1 PowerPoint file (with embedded font on editable slides)
- Link to a Google Classroom whole class version of the activity
*The Google link can be found on the left-hand side of slide 1 of the PowerPoint
Type of File: 1 PowerPoint file (with embedded font on editable slides) + 1 link to a Google Classroom version of the activity
Total Pages/Slides: 226 slides
- Use this item for your own classroom and/or students.
- Move, copy, or delete slides to personalize the product for your classroom needs.
- Add slides using the editable templates
- Use this product in your own classroom year after year.
You may not:
- Give this item to others.
- Copy this item for use by others.
- Use any piece of this product to create a product, free or priced.
- Post, share, or save this product to any sort of digital site or server including, but not limited to, a personal, classroom, or district website.
When you create a login during your purchase, in addition to having a direct link to the product sent to your email, you will also be able to download your purchase from this site.
If you have any questions before purchase, feel free to email me at email@example.com or contact me through the contact forms here on the site. I would love to hear from you!
You can also purchase this product at Teachers Pay Teachers HERE.