3rd Grade Homework December | Monthly Homework Menu & 40+ Printables
A Christmas gift you you . . . NO PREP homework! Get your entire month of December homework differentiated in minutes using this editable homework choice board and 40+ print & go assignments.
The December 3rd Grade Homework Menu Pack contains differentiated work that fosters choice and builds upon students’ strengths. Seasonal menu choices include winter break, Santa, reindeer, elf and Christmas options.
With an editable homework menu template & 40+ NO PREP printables, this pack is perfect for busy teachers who want to personalize!
Included with this pack you will find
- Homework Overview – In Katie’s Humble Opinion
- Homework Research – two links to articles that synthesize the research on homework
- FAQs about using homework menus in the classroom
- Getting Everything Ready
- Homework Menu Overview – handout for students and parents
- December Homework Menu PDF version
Four types of homework trackers for students:
- Homework bookmark (this is what I use for 99% of students)
- Homework tracker (this is the same as the bookmark, but is a whole page rather than a half page)
- Daily homework tracker (A whole page for students who need to turn in homework daily instead of weekly)
- Daily homework bookmark (A half page for students who need to turn in homework daily instead of weekly)
A variety of printables you can use in your classroom and as part of homework for the month:
- Letter writing paper (2 versions in color + black and white)
- Math Challenge: Darci’s Donations
- Math Challenge: Holiday Gifts
- Math Challenge: Road Trip
- Math Brainteaser: Reindeer Stalls
- Math Brainteaser: GIFT Logic Puzzle
- Math Brainteaser: SLEIGH Logic Puzzle
- Reading Fact Sheet
- Research Contract
- Book Overview
- Making Words (4 versions: Winter Break, Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, ‘Tis the Season)
- Holiday Tree Dot Game
- Santa Knock Out Game
- Learning Styles Activities
- Venn Diagram
- Book Timeline
- Sequence Summary
- Recipe Page Exemplar
- Things That Come in Groups
- Multiplication Matrix
- Top Ten List Exemplar
- Knowledge Bowl
- Friendly Letter Parts Check Sheet
- Subtraction Drill #1
- Subtraction Drill #2
- Elf Equations #1 (easier)
- Elf Equations #2 (more difficult)
- Santa’s Flight Path (4 versions) Includes 2 US maps (states labeled and unlabeled)
- Compliments (color + black and white versions)
- Home Reading Log & ideas for possible responses (2 pages)
- Writing Prompt: December Memory (narrative)
- Writing Prompt: December Tradition (opinion)
- Writing Prompt: December How To (informative/explanatory)
- Mrs. Smith’s Holiday Fun
- Unfinished Art (7 picture choices – winter and holiday themes)
Homework Links you can use to find additional (free) printables and online activities
These editable documents are also included in the product folder:
- Homework Menu Overview handout (in editable PowerPoint) for students and parents
- Homework Menu (in editable PowerPoint)
- Excel document to keep track of homework grading
When you download this product you will get a Zip folder with three documents:
1 PDF + 1 editable PowerPoint + 1 Excel spreadsheet
I hope you find these useful in your classroom! Please contact me with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a fab day and happy homeworking Super Teacher,
“Love how flexible these menus are! Great to push those students who really need it.” -Andrea T.
“Very creative and fun! Great for engaging students, thanks!” -Buyer
“I will use this every year.” -Beth H.
Type of File: Zip file with 3 items – 1 PDF digital download + 1 editable PowerPoint + 1 Excel spreadsheet
Total Pages: 96 pages
- Use this item for your own classroom and/or students.
- Make copies of anything in this product for use in your classroom by your students.
- Use this product in your own classroom year after year.
You may not:
- Give this item to others.
- Copy this item for use by others.
- Use any piece of this product to create a product, free or priced.
- Post, share, or save this product to any sort of digital site or server including, but not limited to, a personal, classroom, or district website.
This product is a digital download. Since you will have immediate access to the product after purchase, there is a no refund policy.
If you have any questions before purchase, feel free to email me at email@example.com or contact me through the contact forms here on the site. I would love to hear from you!
If you like this product, you might also like:
December Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Third Grade Homework August Menu & Printables
Third Grade Homework September Menu & Printables
Third Grade Homework October Menu & Printables
Third Grade Homework November Menu & Printables
You can also purchase this product at Teachers Pay Teachers HERE.