Included with this pack you will find
- Homework Overview – In Katie’s Humble Opinion
- Homework Research – two links to articles that synthesize the research on homework
- FAQs about using homework menus in the classroom
- Getting Everything Ready
- Homework Menu Overview – handout for students and parents
- January Homework Menu PDF version
Four types of homework trackers for students, whether you want to assign homework daily or weekly:
- Homework bookmark (this is what I use for 99% of students)
- Homework tracker (this is the same as the bookmark, but is a whole page rather than a half page)
- Daily homework tracker (A whole page for students who need to turn in homework daily instead of weekly)
- Daily homework bookmark (A half page for students who need to turn in homework daily instead of weekly)
A variety of printables you can use in your classroom and as part of homework for the month:
- Letter writing paper: polar animal and snowflake versions (in color and b&w)
- Math Challenge: Cookie Plates
- Math Challenge: Days in Office
- Math Challenge: Snowball Switch
- Mystery Numbers Brainteasers
- A Brainteaser with 22 Legs
- Math Brainteaser: The Big GAME Logic Puzzle
- Math Brainteaser: Football PLAYER Logic Puzzle
- Reading Fact Sheet
- Research Contract
- Book Rainbow reading response
- Thinking and Evidence reading response
- Making words (2 versions – “resolutions” and “snow days”)
- Addition and Subtraction Drills (2 versions)
- Learning Styles Activities
- Perfect Paragraph “Stars and Bars” planning page (with notes for teachers)
- Paragraph Prompts
- Super Bowl Math (2 versions at varying levels of difficulty)
- Knowledge Bowl
- Long i Spelling Sort
- Picture Spelling (includes 3 picture options and instruction page)
- Cheerleader Spelling instructions
- Addition and Subtraction Review: Two Digits
- Subtraction Review: Two and Three Digits
- Addition and Subtraction Review: Three and Four Digits
- Subtraction Review: Three and Four Digits
- Home Reading Log with ideas for possible responses
- Writing Prompt #1 Favorite Season
- Writing Prompt #2 New Year’s Resolution
- Mental Math Practice
- Exercise Log
- Super Bowl Stats
Homework Links you can use to find additional (free) printables and online activities
These editable documents are also included in the product folder:
- Homework Menu Overview handout (in editable PowerPoint) for students and parents
- Homework Menu (in editable PowerPoint)
- Excel document to keep track of homework grading
When you download this product you will get a Zip folder with three documents:
1 PDF + 1 editable PowerPoint + 1 Excel spreadsheet
I hope you find these useful in your classroom! Please contact me with any questions at email@example.com.
Have a fab day and happy homeworking Super Teacher,
“Thanks for providing such a fantastic starting place for me with this new type of differentiation! So comprehensive! WOW!” -Maureen B.
“This was a great idea! It made homework more exciting for my students.” -Tammie N.
“Super easy to put together and my kids are able to grab their homework on their own.” -Jessica T.
“I love the flexibility of these menus!” -Andrea T.
Type of File: Zip file with 3 items – 1 PDF digital download + 1 editable PowerPoint + 1 Excel spreadsheet
Total Pages: 85 pages
- Use this item for your own classroom and/or students.
- Make copies of anything in this product for use in your classroom by your students.
- Use this product in your own classroom year after year.
You may not:
- Give this item to others.
- Copy this item for use by others.
- Use any piece of this product to create a product, free or priced.
- Post, share, or save this product to any sort of digital site or server including, but not limited to, a personal, classroom, or district website.
This product is a digital download. Since you will have immediate access to the product after purchase, there is a no refund policy.
If you have any questions before purchase, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me through the contact forms here on the site. I would love to hear from you!
If you like this product, you might also like:
January Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Third Grade Homework August Menu & Printables
Third Grade Homework September Menu & Printables
Third Grade Homework October Menu & Printables
Third Grade Homework November Menu & Printables
Third Grade Homework December Menu & Printables
You can also purchase this product at Teachers Pay Teachers HERE.