Christmas Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Use these PRINT & GO and virtual Christmas math challenge problems to engage your high flying 2nd and 3rd grade students with advanced math problem solving FUN this December.
These Christmas math challenges & brain teasers have engaging holiday themes students love, and are a perfect way to extend and enrich your advanced second and third grade mathematicians’ learning!
Recommended as a challenge for your advanced 2nd and 3rd grade students.
Now includes printable Christmas math worksheets + digital Google Slides versions!
The Christmas Math Challenge and Brainteaser Pack includes 29 NO PREP math printables + virtual math activities and answer keys you can use for second and third grade math centers, homework worksheets, fast finishers, number talks, Christmas activities, math enrichment contracts, small groups, or whole class problem solving.
Christmas and winter holiday themes include: stockings, Santa, reindeer, elves, candy canes, winter clothing, charitable giving, and presents
Included in this pack:
13 Math Challenges
- Wrappin’ It Up (Adding two-digit numbers within 100, guess and check)
- Santa’s Got a Brand New Bag (Place value, adding multiple 1-digit numbers to 10, guess and check)
- Toy Store Totals (Adding and subtracting money within $5.00, guess and check)
- Holiday Dinner (Logical thinking, multiplication and division)
- Caring Kids (Guess and check, organizing data, adding multiple 2-digit numbers)
- Gingerbread Cookies (Addition and multiplication with 1 and 2-digit numbers)
- Reindeer Food (Multiplication with 1, 2, and 3-digit numbers, division, converting ounces to pounds)
- Candy Cane Forest #1 (Multi-step multiplication with 1 and 2-digit numbers)
- Candy Cane Forest #2 (Multi-step multiplication with 2 and 3-digit numbers)
- Snowy Day Suit Up (Combinations, organizing data)
- Santa Scramble #1 (Addition with multiple 1 and 2-digit numbers, guess and check, easier)
- Santa Scramble #2 (Addition with multiple 1 and 2-digit numbers, guess and check, more difficult)
- Santa Scramble #3 (Addition with multiple 1 and 2-digit numbers, guess and check, most difficult)
All math challenges come with a lined page for written responses focused on strategies students used to solve the problem
- Stocking Sleuth (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Mystery Gifts (Guess and check, addition, subtraction, logical thinking)
- Elf Overtime #1 (Time, addition, converting seconds to minutes, easier)
- Elf Overtime #2 (Time, addition, converting seconds to minutes, more difficult)
- Reindeer Stalls #1 (Logical thinking, guess and check, adding 1-digit numbers)
- Reindeer Stalls #2 (Logical thinking, guess and check, adding 1-digit numbers)
- Reindeer Stalls #3 (Logical thinking, guess and check, adding 1-digit numbers)
- Elf Equations #1 (Addition and subtraction to 15, balancing equations, easier)
- Elf Equations #2 (Addition and subtraction to 20, balancing equations, more difficult)
- GIFT #1 Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, easier)
- GIFT #2 Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, easier)
- GIFT #3 Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, easier)
- SLEIGH #1 Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, more difficult)
- SLEIGH #2 Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, more difficult)
- NORTH POLE #1 Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, most difficult)
- NORTH POLE #2 Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, most difficult)
- Student resource page with common conversions and extra info students might need to help solve these problems.
- Link to an interactive Google Slides version
- Google Slides FAQ and tutorial videos
- Answer keys for every problem
“These math challenges have become part of my and my student’s favorite part of each new month! They are just right for my second grade students who need something a little extra!!!” -Caitlin C.
“Fun options for those who needed a challenge or my early finishers.” -Margaret M.
“Tons of fun activities for my students!” -Natasha A.
“Great activity to use before winter break!” -Mrs Rogers Third Grade Neighborhood
Type of File: Secured PDF digital download
Total Pages: 77 pages
Answer Keys: Included for every problem
- Use this item for your own classroom and/or students.
- Make copies of anything in this product for use in your classroom by your students.
- Use this product in your own classroom year after year.
You may not:
- Give this item to others.
- Copy this item for use by others.
- Use any piece of this product to create a product, free or priced.
- Post, share, or save this product to any sort of digital site or server including, but not limited to, a personal, classroom, or district website.
When you create a login during your purchase, in addition to having a direct link to the product sent to your email, you will also be able to download your purchase from this site.
If you have any questions before purchase, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me through the contact forms here on the site. I would love to hear from you!
If you like this product, you might also like:
A YEAR of Math Challenges & Brainteasers Super Bundle
September Math Challenges & Brainteasers
October Math Challenges & Brainteasers
November Math Challenges & Brainteasers
January Math Challenges & Brainteasers
February Math Challenges & Brainteasers
March Math Challenges & Brainteasers
April Math Challenges & Brainteasers
May Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Summer Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Animal Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Camping Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Travel Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Wonka Math Challenges & Brainteasers
You can also purchase this product at Teachers Pay Teachers HERE.