Ready, Set, Show! Multi-Digit Subtraction
A FUN subtraction activity that’s READY IN SECONDS! Practice multi-digit subtraction with and without regrouping with this interactive math game.
Includes Google Classroom and PowerPoint versions. This digital subtraction review will add some fun to your practice of subtracting 2-digit, 3-digit, 4-digit, and 5-digit numbers and is easy to prep for classroom or Google Classroom use. Just PROJECT and PLAY!
Want a closer look? You can download a preview of this product HERE.
**Includes a Google Slides version. The links, along with instructions, can be found to the left of slide 1 or in the Notes section of slide 1 when viewing the PowerPoint in editing (not presentation) mode. The Google Classroom version does not include teacher directions or editable text boxes and slides, so it is ready to be shared directly with students and parents via Google Classroom as a homework or independent practice activity.*
This digital resource is intended to be a math practice or review activity you can use immediately with your second or third grade students. It includes 105 subtraction problems that meet second and third grade standards + 30 subtraction problems with 5-digit numbers or missing subtrahends to provide a challenge.
Use this subtraction activity as a:
- Whole class or small group activity to show student understanding
- Pre-assessment before your lessons on multi-digit subtraction
- Review activity before your unit test
- Spiral review throughout the year or during testing season
- Brain break – have students shout out answers while doing a popcorn or jumping jack instead of using white boards. Fun (and easy!)
The interactive slide show contains 105 subtraction questions based on 2nd and 3rd grade standards + 30 challenge problems for NO PREP differentiation.
The 135 subtraction problems are organized into the following sections:
- Student intro and instructions
- Practice question
- 10 2-digit subtraction problems without regrouping
- 10 2-digit subtraction problems with regrouping
- 10 3-digit subtraction problems without regrouping
- 10 3-digit subtraction problems with regrouping
- 10 4-digit subtraction problems without regrouping
- 10 4-digit subtraction problems with regrouping
- 20 subtraction problems with addends of different sizes
- 25 2,3, and 4-digit subtraction problems with and without regrouping
- 30 challenge problems with 5-digit numbers or missing subtrahends
- Editable teacher slides and instructions (in PowerPoint version only)
- Thank you, credits & copyright
If you would like to make changes to the slide show, the text boxes on the instruction & practice problem slides are editable + there are 8 editable slides included at the end of the show for you to edit, copy, and paste into the existing show so you can personalize and/or reuse this resource. Editable slides are included in the PowerPoint version only.
The digital download includes:
- 1 PowerPoint file (with embedded font on editable slides)
- Link to a Google Slides version of the activity
Type of File: 1 PowerPoint file (with embedded font on editable slides) + link to a Google Classroom version of the activity
Total Pages/Slides: 566 slides
- Use this item for your own classroom and/or students.
- Move, copy, or delete slides to personalize the product for your classroom needs.
- Add slides using the editable templates
- Use this product in your own classroom year after year.
You may not:
- Give this item to others.
- Copy this item for use by others.
- Use any piece of this product to create a product, free or priced.
- Post, share, or save this product to any sort of digital site or server including, but not limited to, a personal, classroom, or district website.
When you create a login during your purchase, in addition to having a direct link to the product sent to your email, you will also be able to download your purchase from this site.
If you have any questions before purchase, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me through the contact forms here on the site. I would love to hear from you!
You can also purchase this product at Teachers Pay Teachers HERE.