April Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Use these Easter math activities with spring, Easter, and April holiday themes to challenge your high flying 2nd and 3rd grade students with math problem solving FUN during the month of April.
Now includes printable + Google Slides Versions.
These April math challenges & brainteasers have engaging seasonal themes students love, and are a perfect way to extend and enrich your advanced second and third grade mathematicians’ learning!
Recommended as a challenge for 2nd and 3rd grade students.
Want a closer look? Download a preview of this product here.
Includes 26 NO PREP math printables + virtual math activities with answer keys you can use for math centers, homework, fast finishers, spring centers, math contracts, small group, or whole class problem solving!
April themes include: Easter, April Fools’ Day, eggs, bunnies, Easter candy, flowers, rain, baseball, lambs, Earth Day, and Spring Break.
Included in this pack:
11 Math Challenges
- Racking up Recyclables (Place value, adding multiple 1-digit numbers to 20, guess and check)
- MLB Stats (Adding and subtracting 2-digit numbers, logical thinking)
- Flower Garden (Area, multiplying 2-digit by 1-digit numbers, counting by fives)
- Candy Count (Addition and subtraction within 100, guess and check, logical thinking)
- Spring Break (Converting days to hours, adding multiple 2-digit numbers)
- Jeepers Peepers (Adding money to $20.00, logical thinking, organizing data)
- Rain Rain Go Away (Calendar math, doubling numbers, adding numbers with up to 4-digits)
- Egg Hunt (Addition and subtraction within 100, guess and check, logical thinking)
- Chocolate Bunnies (Converting ounces to pounds, organizing data, finding multiple combinations)
- Hippity Hop (Doubling numbers, converting inches to feet and inches)
- Basket of Bunnies (Adding 1 and 2-digit numbers, logical thinking, guess and check)
All math challenges come with a lined page for written responses focused on strategies students used to solve the problem
- Scrambled Eggs (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Rabbit Reasoning (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- April Fools (Adding 1 and 2-digit numbers, logical thinking, guess and check)
- Lamb Lunch (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Egg Hunt #1 (Using ordered pairs, letter & number coordinates, easier)
- Egg Hunt #2 (Using ordered pairs, numbered coordinates, more difficult)
- Egg Hunt #3 (Using ordered pairs, equation coordinates, most difficult)
- Spring Sentences #1 (Addition and subtraction to 20, balancing equations)
- Spring Sentences #2 (Addition and subtraction to 100, balancing equations)
- RAIN Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, easier)
- HUNT Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, easier)
- SPRING Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, more difficult)
- SHOWER Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, more difficult)
- BASKET Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, more difficult)
- HOME RUNS Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, most difficult)
- Student resource page with common conversions and extra info students might need to help solve these problems.
- Link to an interactive Google Slides version
- Google Slides FAQ and tutorial videos
- Answer keys for every problem
“Fun and engaging for my advanced learners. Thank you!” -Brittany C.
“This was a great activity for early finishers!“ -Kaitlin R.
“This was a great resource for my early finishers! I would definitely buy other sets!” -Monica C.
“I love these challenges for my students – they look forward to the new ones that I offer each month! Thank you!” -Raquel K.
Type of File: Secured PDF digital download with link to Google Slides versions
Total Pages: 71 pages
Answer Keys: Included for every problem
Terms & Conditions
- Use this item for your own classroom and/or students.
- Make copies of anything in this product for use in your classroom by your students.
- Use this product in your own classroom year after year.
You may not:
- Give this item to others.
- Copy this item for use by others.
- Use any piece of this product to create a product, free or priced.
- Post, share, or save this product to any sort of digital site or server including, but not limited to, a personal, classroom, or district website.
All items in the Super Teacher store are digital product downloads. No items will be shipped to you. After your purchase you will receive an order confirmation email with an automatic download link for your digital product.
When you create a login during your purchase, in addition to having a direct link to the product sent to your email, you will also be able to download your purchase from this site.
Returns & Refunds
Because all products are digital files, and you will have immediate access to them after purchase, I cannot refund customers once a download link has been used. However, refunds will be given if you have purchased a product in error, or have purchased duplicates of a product. Please contact me by replying to your purchase confirmation email, or at the contact information below with any questions.
If you have any questions before purchase, feel free to email me at [email protected] or contact me through the contact forms here on the site. I would love to hear from you!
If you like this product, you might also like:
A YEAR of Math Challenges & Brainteasers Super Bundle
September Math Challenges & Brainteasers
October Math Challenges & Brainteasers
November Math Challenges & Brainteasers
December Math Challenges & Brainteasers
January Math Challenges & Brainteasers
February Math Challenges & Brainteasers
March Math Challenges & Brainteasers
May Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Summer Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Animal Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Camping Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Travel Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Wonka Math Challenges & Brainteasers
You can also purchase this product at Teachers Pay Teachers HERE.
Contact | Terms & Conditions | Returns & Refunds
There are no reviews yet.