The Valentine’s Day Math Challenge and Brainteaser Pack includes 26 NO PREP math printables with answer keys you can use for second and third grade math centers, homework worksheets, fast finishers, number talks, Valentine’s Day activities, Hundreds Day printables, math enrichment contracts, small groups, or whole class problem solving.
February themes include: Valentine’s Day, winter sports, candy, Groundhog Day, The Oscars, George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, and hundreds day
Recommended as a challenge for your advanced 2nd and 3rd grade students.
Included in this pack:
13 Math Challenges
- 2010 Medal Count (Logical thinking, guess and check, adding and subtracting 1 and 2-digit numbers)
- 2014 Medal Count (Logical thinking, guess and check, adding and subtracting 1 and 2-digit numbers)
- Candy Combinations (Combinations of 2, organizing data)
- Choco Combos (Combinations of 3, organizing data)
- Punxsutawney’s Predictions (Guess and check, 2-digit addition)
- Washington’s Days in Office (Calendar math, 2 and 3-digit addition, organizing data)
- Lincoln’s Days in Office (Calendar math, 2 and 3-digit addition, organizing data)
- Oscar Engravings (Addition, subtraction, multiplication)
- Oscar Weight (Addition with halves, division, weight)
- Valentine Box – Perimeter (Logical thinking, addition, perimeter, guess and check)
- Valentine Box – Area (Logical thinking, addition, area, guess and check)
- Hundreds Day Project (Multiplies of ten, multiplication, division)
- Groundhog Time (Elapsed time, addition and subtraction with minutes and hours)
All math challenges come with a lined page for written responses focused on strategies students used to solve the problem
- Groundhog Math #1 (Sums and differences with numbers to 20, doubling and tripling numbers)
- Groundhog Math #2 (Sums, differences, products, and multiples with numbers to 50)
- Oscar Screenings (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Heart Shaped Boxes (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Winter Athletes (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- You’ve Got Mail (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Valentine Cards (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Hundreds Day 100 Equations Challenge (Basic arithmetic using digits 1 and 0)
- LOVE Logic Puzzle #1 (Logical thinking, guess and check, easier)
- LOVE Logic Puzzle #2 (Logical thinking, guess and check, easier)
- HEARTS Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, more difficult)
- WINTER Sports Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, more difficult)
- LOVE & HUGS Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, most difficult)
- Student resource page with common conversions and extra info students might need to help solve these problems. Perfect to use for homework or centers.
- Answer keys for every problem
“Can’t wait to use these for enrichment for my kiddos who are always done and bored!” -Glenna S.
“Great for enrichment.” -Jennifer D.
“I bought January last month and was excited to use February as well!” -Raquel K.
“The children were challenged AND excited when they completed the activities correctly! I loved their enthusiasm!” -Mariann N.
Type of File: Secured PDF digital download
Total Pages: 71 pages
Answer Keys: Included for every problem
- Use this item for your own classroom and/or students.
- Make copies of anything in this product for use in your classroom by your students.
- Use this product in your own classroom year after year.
You may not:
- Give this item to others.
- Copy this item for use by others.
- Use any piece of this product to create a product, free or priced.
- Post, share, or save this product to any sort of digital site or server including, but not limited to, a personal, classroom, or district website.
When you create a login during your purchase, in addition to having a direct link to the product sent to your email, you will also be able to come back and download your purchase from this site.
If you have any questions before purchase, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me through the contact forms here on the site. I would love to hear from you!
If you like this product, you might also like:
A YEAR of Math Challenges & Brainteasers Super Bundle
September Math Challenges & Brainteasers
October Math Challenges & Brainteasers
November Math Challenges & Brainteasers
December Math Challenges & Brainteasers
January Math Challenges & Brainteasers
March Math Challenges & Brainteasers
April Math Challenges & Brainteasers
May Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Summer Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Animal Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Camping Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Travel Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Wonka Math Challenges & Brainteasers
You can also purchase this product at Teachers Pay Teachers HERE.