The March Day Math Challenge and Brainteaser Pack includes 26 NO PREP math printables + virtual math activities you can use for second and third grade math centers, homework worksheets, fast finishers, number talks, seasonal activities, Zoom meetings, math enrichment contracts, small groups, or whole class problem solving.
March themes include: St. Patrick’s Day, leprechauns, rainbows, clovers, March Madness basketball, Pi Day, and reading.
Recommended as a challenge for your advanced 2nd and 3rd grade students.
Included in this pack:
11 Math Challenges
- Hoards of Horseshoes (Place value, adding multiple 1-digit numbers to 10, guess and check)
- Pot-o-Gold (Addition, converting ounces to pounds)
- NCAA Champs (Adding 2-digit numbers, guess and check, logical thinking)
- Read Around the Room (Perimeter and area, logical thinking)
- Page Turners (Addition to 100, guess and check, logical thinking)
- High Score (Adding 2-digit and 3-digit numbers, identifying odd numbers, guess and check)
- Clover Count (Area, multiplying 2-digit by 1-digit numbers)
- Eggs and Ham (Adding money within $20.00, defining a dozen)
- Pie Time (Converting minutes to hours, elapsed time, simple division)
- Mr. Mittenfox (Calendar math, multiplying by 2)
- Leaping Leprechauns (Doubling numbers, converting inches to feet)
All math challenges come with a lined page for written responses focused on strategies students used to solve the problem
- March Madness Math #1 (Addition & Multiplication with multiples of 1, 2, and 3, easier)
- March Madness Math #2 (Addition & Multiplication with multiples of 1, 2, and 3, more difficult)
- Silent Readers (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Pie for Pi Day (Logical thinking, guess and check, comparing simple fractions)
- Rainbow Rules #1 (In/Out Tables, Adding and subtracting 5, 10, and 100 within 1,000)
- Rainbow Rules #2 (In/Out Tables, Adding, subtracting, and multiplying within 1,000)
- Silly Things Sentences #1 (Addition and subtraction to 20, balancing equations)
- Silly Things Sentences #2 (Addition and subtraction to 100, balancing equations)
- GOLD Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, easier)
- READ Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, easier)
- PI Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, easier)
- CLOVER Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, more difficult)
- AUTHOR Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, more difficult)
- SLAM DUNK Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, most difficult)
- THINGS 1 & 2 Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, most difficult)
- Student resource page with common conversions and extra info students might need to help solve these problems.
- Link to an interactive Google Slides version
- Google Slides FAQ and tutorial videos
- Answer keys for every problem
“My students thoroughly enjoyed these activities!” -Lynn Y.
“I love these challenges for my students – they look forward to the new ones that I offer each month! Thank you!” -Raquel K.
“My 3rd graders love them. Love the answer key provided” -Natalie P.
“My students love these!!!” -Jennifer D.
Type of File: Secured PDF digital download
Total Pages: 71 pages
Answer Keys: Included for every problem
- Use this item for your own classroom and/or students.
- Make copies of anything in this product for use in your classroom by your students.
- Use this product in your own classroom year after year.
- Share the digital versions with students and parents through Google Slides
You may not:
- Give this item to others.
- Copy this item for use by others.
- Use any piece of this product to create a product, free or priced.
- Post, share, or save this product to any sort of digital site or server including, but not limited to, a personal, classroom, or district website.
When you create a login during your purchase, in addition to having a direct link to the product sent to your email, you will also be able to download your purchase from this site.
If you have any questions before purchase, feel free to email me at email@example.com or contact me through the contact forms here on the site. I would love to hear from you!
If you like this product, you might also like:
A YEAR of Math Challenges & Brainteasers Super Bundle
September Math Challenges & Brainteasers
October Math Challenges & Brainteasers
November Math Challenges & Brainteasers
December Math Challenges & Brainteasers
January Math Challenges & Brainteasers
February Math Challenges & Brainteasers
April Math Challenges & Brainteasers
May Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Summer Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Animal Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Camping Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Travel Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Wonka Math Challenges & Brainteasers
You can also purchase this product at Teachers Pay Teachers HERE.