Camping Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Use these PRINT & GO + GOOGLE SLIDES camping themed math activities to challenge your high flying 2nd and 3rd grade students!
Perfect for integrating math with your camping themed classroom, or to use at the end of the year when students are thinking about summer camp and outdoor adventures.
Want a closer look? You can download a preview of this product HERE.
This math challenge and brainteaser pack includes 26 NO PREP math printables + virtual math activities with answer keys you can use for math centers, homework, fast finishers, small groups, number talks, distance learning, math enrichment contracts, seasonal classroom activities, whole class problem solving, or engaging summer school work.
Camping themes include: tents, summer camp, cabins, hiking, barbecues, mosquitoes, woods, hot cocoa, sleeping bags, roasting marshmallows, nature, campfires, and (of course!) s’mores.
Recommended as a challenge for grades 2-3.
Included in this pack:
13 Math Challenges
- Mosquito Bites (Adding 1 and 2-digit numbers to 30, guess and check)
- Mouth Full of Marshmallows (Adding 2-digit numbers to 100, guess and check)
- Cabin Assignments (Place value with 3-digits, adding 1-digit numbers within 20, guess and check)
- BBQ Planning (Adding 1 and 2-digit numbers to 100, guess and check)
- Camper Combinations (Finding all possible combinations, organizing work)
- Obstacle Course (Addition, multiplication, converting minutes to hours, elapsed time)
- Camp Garden (Area, repeated addition/multiplication with 1 and 2-digit numbers)
- Prepping the Popsicles (Repeated addition/multiplication with 1 and 2-digit numbers)
- Campfire Seating (Doubling numbers, organizing data, adding multiple 2-digit numbers)
- Hot Cocoa Comparison (Capacity conversions with cups, pints, and quarts)
- S’more Store (Adding and subtracting money within $5.00, guess and check)
- Into the Woods (Subtraction with larger numbers, non-traditional division strategies)
- Camp Schedule (Elapsed time, adding and subtracting minutes and hours)
All math challenges come with a lined page for written responses focused on strategies students used to solve the problem
- Campfire Clues in color and b&w (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Sleeping Bag Slumber Party in color and b&w (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Tent Tenants in color and b&w (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Dining Hall Design (Adding 1 and 2-digit numbers, guess and check)
- Camp Store #1 (Adding coins and bills to $5.00, easier)
- Camp Store #2 (Adding coins and bills to $10.00, more difficult)
- Outdoor Equations #1 (Addition and subtraction within 20, balancing equations)
- Outdoor Equations #2 (Addition and subtraction within 100, balancing equations)
- CAMP Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, easier)
- Nature WALK Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, easier)
- HIKERS Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, more difficult)
- CABINS Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, more difficult)
- CAMPFIRES Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, most difficult)
- Student resource page with common conversions and extra info students might need to help solve these problems.
- Link to an interactive Google Slides version
- Google Slides FAQ and tutorial videos
- Answer keys for every problem
“My students had a great time using the math and language pages during our camping themed week!” -Lauren F.
“These are great brainteasers to get kids ready for math! They even made me think harder than I thought they would!” -Bailey A.
“Fun way to apply reasoning skills. Good topic for end of the year.” -Mary C.
“Challenging and enjoyed by my kiddos.” -Krystle C.
Type of File: Secured PDF digital download
Total Pages: 75 pages
Answer Keys: Included for every problem
Terms & Conditions
- Use this item for your own classroom and/or students.
- Make copies of anything in this product for use in your classroom by your students.
- Use this product in your own classroom year after year.
- Share the digital versions of these activities with students and parents.
You may not:
- Give this item to others.
- Copy this item for use by others.
- Use any piece of this product to create a product, free or priced.
- Post, share, or save this product to any sort of digital site or server including, but not limited to, a personal, classroom, or district website.
All items in the Super Teacher store are digital product downloads. No items will be shipped to you. After your purchase you will receive an order confirmation email with an automatic download link for your digital product.
When you create a login during your purchase, in addition to having a direct link to the product sent to your email, you will also be able to download your purchase from this site.
Returns & Refunds
Because all products are digital files, and you will have immediate access to them after purchase, I cannot refund customers once a download link has been used. However, refunds will be given if you have purchased a product in error, or have purchased duplicates of a product. Please contact me by replying to your purchase confirmation email, or at the contact information below with any questions.
If you have any questions before purchase, feel free to email me at [email protected] or contact me through the contact forms here on the site. I would love to hear from you!
If you like this product, you might also like:
A YEAR of Math Challenges & Brainteasers Super Bundle
September Math Challenges & Brainteasers
October Math Challenges & Brainteasers
November Math Challenges & Brainteasers
December Math Challenges & Brainteasers
January Math Challenges & Brainteasers
February Math Challenges & Brainteasers
March Math Challenges & Brainteasers
April Math Challenges & Brainteasers
May Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Summer Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Animal Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Travel Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Wonka Math Challenges & Brainteasers
You can also purchase this product at Teachers Pay Teachers HERE.
There are no reviews yet.