Halloween Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Use these PRINT & GO and virtual Halloween math challenges and brainteaser activities with spooky October themes to engage your advanced 2nd and 3rd grade mathematicians with advanced math problem solving FUN this October.
Includes 26 NO PREP math printables + virtual math activities with answer keys you can use for math centers, homework, fast finishers, Halloween centers, math contracts, small group, or whole class problem solving!
Recommended as a challenge for grades 2-3.
Want a closer look? You can download a preview of this product HERE.
These Halloween math activities have engaging spooky themes students love, and are a perfect way to extend and enrich your advanced second and third grade mathematicians’ learning!
Includes printable Halloween math worksheets + digital Google Slides versions!
Halloween themes include: pumpkins, candy, trick or treating, costumes, cats, bats, zombies, vampires, apples, owls, skeletons, monsters, witches, and ghosts.
Included in this pack:
13 Math Challenges
- Candy Count (Adding two-digit numbers within 100, logical thinking)
- Hotel Haunting (Place value, adding multiple 1-digit numbers, logical thinking)
- Bats in the Belfry (Repeated addition or multiplication with 2-digit numbers)
- Dem Bones (Repeated addition or multiplication with 2 and 3-digit numbers)
- Clue Combinations (Finding all possible combinations)
- Seed Scooping (Capacity conversions with cups, pints, and quarts)
- Haunted House (Repeated addition/multiplication, converting minutes to hours and minutes)
- Candy Cost (Adding and subtracting money within $10.00, logical thinking)
- I Vant to Bob for Apples (Adding 1 and 2-digit numbers within 30, guess and check)
- Caramel Apples (Fractional parts of a whole, logical thinking)
- Monster Mash (Elapsed time, logical thinking)
- Halloween Parade (Mixed operations, converting seconds to minutes)
- The Leaves They are a-Changin’ (Determining total from fractional parts of a group)
All math challenges come with a lined page for written responses focused on strategies students used to solve the problem
- Which Witch is Which? (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Candy Bowls (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Ghosts in the Graveyard (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Costume Kids (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Hooo am I? #1 (Place value, logical thinking, adding multiple 2-digit numbers, easier)
- Hooo am I? #2 (Place value, logical thinking, adding multiple 3-digit numbers, more difficult)
- Spooky Sentences #1 (Addition and subtraction within 20, balancing equations)
- Spooky Sentences #2 (Addition and subtraction within 100, balancing equations)
- CATS Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, easier)
- BATS Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, easier)
- ZOMBIE Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, more difficult)
- GHOULS Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, more difficult)
- CARVE IT UP Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, most difficult)
- Student resource page with common conversions and extra info students might need to help solve these problems.
- Link to an interactive Google Slides version
- Google Slides FAQ and tutorial videos
- Answer keys for every problem
Type of File: Secured PDF digital download with link to Google Slides versions
Total Pages: 71 pages
Answer Keys: Included for every problem
Terms & Conditions
- Use this item for your own classroom and/or students.
- Make copies of anything in this product for use in your classroom by your students.
- Use this product in your own classroom year after year.
You may not:
- Give this item to others.
- Copy this item for use by others.
- Use any piece of this product to create a product, free or priced.
- Post, share, or save this product to any sort of digital site or server including, but not limited to, a personal, classroom, or district website.
All items in the Super Teacher store are digital product downloads. No items will be shipped to you. After your purchase you will receive an order confirmation email with an automatic download link for your digital product.
When you create a login during your purchase, in addition to having a direct link to the product sent to your email, you will also be able to download your purchase from this site.
Returns & Refunds
Because all products are digital files, and you will have immediate access to them after purchase, I cannot refund customers once a download link has been used. However, refunds will be given if you have purchased a product in error, or have purchased duplicates of a product. Please contact me by replying to your purchase confirmation email, or at the contact information below with any questions.
If you have any questions before purchase, feel free to email me at [email protected] or contact me through the contact forms here on the site. I would love to hear from you!
If you like this product, you might also like:
A YEAR of Math Challenges & Brainteasers Super Bundle
September Math Challenges & Brainteasers
November Math Challenges & Brainteasers
December Math Challenges & Brainteasers
January Math Challenges & Brainteasers
February Math Challenges & Brainteasers
March Math Challenges & Brainteasers
April Math Challenges & Brainteasers
May Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Summer Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Animal Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Camping Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Travel Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Wonka Math Challenges & Brainteasers
You can also purchase this product at Teachers Pay Teachers HERE.