Included in this pack:
13 Math Challenges
- Passport Stamps (Adding one and two-digit numbers within 30, logical thinking)
- Beach Reads (Place value to 3 digits, logical thinking)
- Snappin’ Pics (Adding and subtracting 2 and 3-digit numbers, logical thinking)
- Packing Plan (Finding all possible combinations, organizing work)
- Sun, Sand, and Sunscreen (Time, counting 30 minute increments)
- Travel Size Me (Adding and subtracting money within $10.00, counting change)
- Split Up Sightseeing (Determining total group given fractional parts)
- Stair Climbers (Adding and subtracting 3-digit numbers)
- Big Ben (Adding multiple 1 and 2-digit numbers, defining hours in 1 day)
- The London Eye (Repeated addition or multiplication with 2-digit numbers)
- The Eiffel Tower (Repeated addition with 1 and 4-digit numbers, organizing work)
- The Taj Majal (Subtraction with 4-digit numbers, repeated addition/multiplication with 2-digit numbers)
- The Parthenon (Repeated addition or multiplication with 2-digit numbers, visualizing/map drawing)
All math challenges come with a lined page for written responses focused on strategies students used to solve the problem
- Ready for Takeoff (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Determine the Destination (Logical thinking, time, guess and check)
- Seat Assignments (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Passport Order #1 (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Passport Order #2 (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- See the Sights Sentences #1 (Addition and subtraction within 20, balancing equations)
- See the Sights Sentences #2 (Addition and subtraction within 100, balancing equations)
- ROAD Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, easier)
- TRIP Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, easier)
- TRAVEL Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, more difficult)
- GUIDES Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, more difficult)
- CRUISE Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, more difficult)
- LANDMARKS Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, most difficult)
- Student resource page with common conversions and extra info students might need to help solve these problems. Perfect to use for homework or centers.
- Answer keys for every problem
“I used this product during a summer camp at my school. Loved it ! The students were very engaged! ” -Nelda T.
“These are challenging for the students and require them to actually work collaboratively.” -Madge M.
Type of File: Secured PDF digital download
Total Pages: 70 pages
Answer Keys: Included for every problem
- Use this item for your own classroom and/or students.
- Make copies of anything in this product for use in your classroom by your students.
- Use this product in your own classroom year after year.
You may not:
- Give this item to others.
- Copy this item for use by others.
- Use any piece of this product to create a product, free or priced.
- Post, share, or save this product to any sort of digital site or server including, but not limited to, a personal, classroom, or district website.
If you create a login during your purchase, in addition to having a direct link to the product sent to your email, you will also be able to come back and download your purchase from this site. This is not required, but is highly recommended.
If you have any questions before purchase, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me through the contact forms here on the site. I would love to hear from you!
If you like this product, you might also like:
A YEAR of Math Challenges & Brainteasers Super Bundle
September Math Challenges & Brainteasers
October Math Challenges & Brainteasers
November Math Challenges & Brainteasers
December Math Challenges & Brainteasers
January Math Challenges & Brainteasers
February Math Challenges & Brainteasers
March Math Challenges & Brainteasers
April Math Challenges & Brainteasers
May Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Summer Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Animal Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Camping Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Travel Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Wonka Math Challenges & Brainteasers
You can also purchase this product at Teachers Pay Teachers HERE.
Here are a few ideas for how you might use these challenges and brainteasers in your own classroom:
*Use these as extension activities for math contracts. Make a pack of challenge problems for advanced students to use as a fast finisher or during certain in-class math lessons when they’ve already mastered the material. You can read more about this strategy and receive a free editable math contract HERE.
*Use a challenge or brainteaser as a homework option for students who need a challenge, or let them replace a simple homework assignment with the challenge to show parents how well you’re differentiating.
*Use a math challenge or brainteaser as a “number talk” problem to start out your daily math class. Work through it as a class or let students work in partners or small groups to talk through it and solve it together.
*Give a challenge or brainteaser to a small group of students as one of their independent math workshop rotations or use them with your advanced small math group rotation.
*Use the problems as an independent practice activity during a unit on problem solving strategies (guess and check, work backwards, etc.) or attacking a multi-step problem.
*Keep a stack of challenge problems in your classroom fast finisher area for any student who wants a challenge.
*Choose one or two challenge problems for the month and reward any student who can solve both. You can put these on a bulletin board or have them available as additional incentives.
*Use the travel themed challenges as a way to integrate math with social studies or during a read aloud with themes of travel or adventure.