Math Challenges & Brainteasers 2
Did you like the original? There’s more! 40 more PRINT & GO + GOOGLE SLIDES math enrichment problems to engage and challenge your advanced 2nd and 3rd grade students.
These math challenge and brain teaser activities can be used as math centers, early finishers, homework worksheets, number talks, problem of the day/week, small group work, or whole class problem solving.
Fun for kids and NO PREP for you!
Want a closer look? You can download a preview of this product HERE.
This Math Challenge and Brainteaser Pack includes 40 NO PREP math worksheets + virtual math activities and answer keys you can use for math centers, math homework, early finishers, small groups, number talks, math enrichment, math extensions or whole class problem solving.
With answer keys and writing pages for students to explain their mathematical thinking included, these math worksheets are an easy way to keep your advanced mathematicians engaged with meaningful math extensions.
Included in this pack:
20 Math Challenges
- Amusement Park (Adding one and two-digit numbers, multiplying two digit by one digit numbers)
- Field Trip (Multiplying two digit by one digit numbers, adding three-digit numbers)
- 25 Block Staircase (Adding one and two-digit numbers, looking for patterns, organizing addition)
- Sum of 250 (Guess & check, addition, consecutive numbers)
- Owl Creek Elementary (Defining more/less, adding and subtracting two and three-digit numbers)
- Pizza Shares (Fractions, dividing a whole into equal parts, mixed numbers, halves, thirds, fourths)
- Birthday Cookies (Fractions, finding a whole when given a fractional part, mixed number addition)
- Mileage (Repeated addition/multiplication, addition with decimals)
- Birthday Cupcakes (Fractions, mixed numbers, dividing a whole into equal parts)
- Hopping Bunnies (Multiplication one and two-digit, 2 step problem)
- The Louvre (Multiplication with large numbers, time in days/hours/minutes/seconds)
- Do You Want to Build a Snowman? (Organizing data, finding all possibilities, combinations)
- Roll the Dice (Organizing data, finding all possibilities, combinations, writing a ratio/fraction)
- Sack Lunch (Organizing data, finding all possibilities, combinations)
- Crayon Combinations (Organizing data, finding all possibilities, combinations)
- Hexominoes (Logical thinking, guess and check, finding all possibilities, congruence)
- Perimeter of 24 (Logical thinking, addition, perimeter, guess and check)
- Equal Art #1 (Logical thinking, eliminating possibilities, addition)
- Equal Art #2 (Logical thinking, eliminating possibilities, addition)
- Seating Chart (Division, equal parts of a whole)
All math challenges come with a lined page for written responses focused on strategies students used to solve the problem
- Wonka Treats #1 (Logical thinking, guess and check, easier)
- Wonka Treats #2 (Logical thinking, guess and check, more difficult)
- Animal Farm #1 (Logical thinking, guess and check, easier)
- Animal Farm #2 (Logical thinking, guess and check, more difficult)
- Parking Lot #1 (Logical thinking, guess and check, easier)
- Parking Lot #2 (Logical thinking, guess and check, more difficult)
- Alphabet Soup #1 (Logical thinking, guess and check, medium)
- Alphabet Soup #2 (Logical thinking, guess and check, more difficult)
- Alphabet Soup #3 (Logical thinking, guess and check, very difficult)
- Target Number 10 (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Target Number 11 (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Target Number 12 (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Target Number 13 (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- The Legs in the Barn (Guess and check, addition, finding all possibilities)
- NBA Math #1 (Addition, multiplication, missing addends, easier)
- NBA Math #2 (Addition, multiplication, missing addends, more advanced)
- Haunted Lane (Logical thinking, eliminating possibilities)
- First Day of School (Logical thinking, eliminating possibilities)
- Library Line (Logical thinking, eliminating possibilities, subtracting money, making change)
- Chickadees (Logical thinking, eliminating possibilities)
- Student resource page with common conversions and extra info students might need to help solve these problems.
- Link to an interactive Google Slides version
- Google Slides FAQ and tutorial videos
- Answer keys for every problem
“I used this with my highest math students for enrichment. Some of these challenges were hard! These prompted great discussion and I loved seeing the strategies my students used to solve them. I highly recommend this packet for second grade high flyers!” -Christine W.
“Bought the second in the series because the first was so engaging, and this one did not disappoint.” -Michelle D.
“I have purchased both sets of these activities! My gifted 3rd graders loved them!!” -Teaching in Organized Chaos
“This is EXACTLY what I was looking for in a math enrichment/challenge work. I have started using it with all of my students and have really loved it! “ -Hanna M.
Type of File: Secured PDF digital download with link to Google Slides versions
Total Pages: 109 pages
Answer Keys: Included for every problem
- Use this item for your own classroom and/or students.
- Make copies of anything in this product for use in your classroom by your students.
- Use this product in your own classroom year after year.
- Share the Google Slides versions with students and parents through Google Drive.
You may not:
- Give this item to others.
- Copy this item for use by others.
- Use any piece of this product to create a product, free or priced.
- Post, share, or save this product to any sort of digital site or server including, but not limited to, a personal, classroom, or district website.
When you create a login during your purchase, in addition to having a direct link to the product sent to your email, you will also be able to come back and download your purchase from this site.
If you have any questions before purchase, feel free to email me at [email protected] or contact me through the contact forms here on the site. I would love to hear from you!
If you like this product, you might also like:
A YEAR of Math Challenges & Brainteasers Super Bundle
Math Challenges & Brainteasers 1
September Math Challenges & Brainteasers
October Math Challenges & Brainteasers
November Math Challenges & Brainteasers
December Math Challenges & Brainteasers
January Math Challenges & Brainteasers
February Math Challenges & Brainteasers
March Math Challenges & Brainteasers
April Math Challenges & Brainteasers
May Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Summer Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Animal Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Camping Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Travel Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Wonka Math Challenges & Brainteasers
You can also purchase this product at Teachers Pay Teachers HERE.
There are no reviews yet.