Math Challenges & Brainteasers *Flash Sale*
This FLASH SALE is only available for a limited time to Super Teacher email subscribers!
PRINT and GO + virtual math activities to engage and challenge your advanced 2nd and 3rd grade students!
These 46 math challenges and brainteasers come in printable and Google Slides versions and can be used as math centers, fast finishers, homework, number talks, problem of the day/week, small group work, or whole class problem solving! Fun for kids and NO PREP for you!
Recommended as a challenge for grades 2-3.
Now includes printable math worksheets + digital Google Slides versions! Use these 46 PRINT & GO and virtual math enrichment activities to challenge your advanced 2nd and 3rd grade students in minutes. These math challenges & brain teasers have a variety of engaging themes students love, and are a perfect way to extend and enrich your advanced second and third grade mathematicians’ learning!
With answer keys and writing pages for students to explain their mathematical thinking included, these math worksheets are an easy way to keep your advanced mathematicians engaged with meaningful math extensions.
Included in this pack:
27 Math Challenges
- Books (Adding and subtracting two-digit numbers)
- Fingers and Toes (Repeated addition, multiplication by tens or twenties)
- Sum of 150 (Guess and check, consecutive numbers, addition)
- Haunted Mansion Number Hang-Up (Organizing data, defining digits)
- Haunted Hotel Number Hang-Up (Organizing data, defining digits)
- Candy Kids (Adding/doubling one-digit numbers, logical thinking, organizing data)
- Electoral Votes (Estimation, adding multiple one and two-digit numbers, guess and check) includes Electoral Map
- Coin Combination (Adding coins, guess and check, organizing data)
- Library Fines (Adding money, repeated addition/multiplication)
- The Penny Problem (Patterns, addition with money to $5,000)
- Darci’s Donations (Addition and subtraction with money)
- Holiday Gifts (Addition and subtraction with money)
- Road Trip (Addition, four-digit division, multiplication)
- Cookie Plates (Addition, repeated addition/multiplication)
- Days in Office (Logical thinking, calendar math, adding two and three-digit numbers)
- Quarters, Dimes, and Nickels (Adding coins, logical thinking, guess and check)
- Pizza Party (Fractions, multiplication, division)
- 2006 Medal Count (Logical thinking, adding and subtracting one and two-digit numbers)
- Four Leaf Clovers (Repeated addition/multiplication, logical thinking, drawing complex problems)
- How Many Legs? (Repeated addition/multiplication, logical thinking, drawing complex problems)
- Marathon Runners (Addition/multiplication with decimals, relating km to miles and ft.)
- Five Square Challenge (Logical thinking, guess and check, creating unique shapes)
- Perimeter Problem (Logical thinking, addition, perimeter, guess and check)
- Equal Sums (Logical thinking, guess and check, adding multiple one-digit numbers)
- Heads and Tentacles (Addition, multiplication, guess and check)
- The Magic Pentomino (Perimeter and area)
- Beach Reading (Adding multiple two-digit numbers, guess and check)
All math challenges come with a lined page for written responses focused on strategies students used to solve the problem
- Who am I? (Logical thinking, guess and check, adding multiple two-digit numbers, money, defining a dozen)
- Trick or Treat (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Thanksgiving Dinner Restaurant Style (Adding/multiplying money with decimals)
- Thanksgiving Dinner Brainteaser #1 (Logical thinking, multiplication and division, easier)
- Thanksgiving Dinner Brainteaser #2 (Logical thinking, multiplication and division, more difficult)
- Equal Equations #1 (Equivalent number sentences, easier)
- Equal Equations #2 (Equivalent number sentences, more advanced)
- Mystery Numbers (Logical thinking, guess and check, addition with 1 and 2-digit numbers)
- A Brainteaser with 22 Legs (Guess and check, addition, finding all possible solutions)
- Super Bowl Math #1 (Addition, multiplication, easier)
- Super Bowl Math #2 (Addition, multiplication, more advanced)
- Valentine Mail (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Olympic Athletes (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Numbers in Hiding #1 (Addition, subtraction, estimation, guess and check)
- Numbers in Hiding #2 (Addition, subtraction, multiplication, estimation, guess and check)
- Bunny Brainteaser (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Total Value #1 (Adding coins and dollars, easier)
- Total Value #2 (Adding coins and dollars, more advanced)
- Road Trippin’ (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Student resource page with common conversions and extra info students might need to help solve these problems.
- Link to an interactive Google Slides version
- Google Slides FAQ and tutorial videos
- Answer keys for every problem
“I am so pleased with your product that this is the first time I have ever left feedback for anyone on the site. I appreciate that your product does not imply any one system of math instruction, allows for/encourages multiple approaches, is challenging but accessible for second graders, includes some theme/time of year connections, doesn’t include any characters nor scenarios from main stream media, includes enough instructions to be self-sufficient and more. Thank you!” -Sally W.
“An engaging resource that requires students to apply math strategies and skills to real-world scenarios.” -Lisa G.
“This was perfect for my high achieving primary grade math students. Really made them think.” -Susan L.
“I use these on our math challenge bulletin board. The kids are so motivated to complete these challenge tasks. They have all grown in their ability to persevere in math through this work.” -Jennifer M.
“Love these challenges. I am always looking for extension materials and these ones are not only fun for the kids but I love that they encourage the kids to think and write about their strategy.” -Michelle S.
“Using these as a weekly math challenge for homework. Parents love doing them with their child. My students are having to think and articulate their thinking!! Thank you!.” -2 Blind Mice
“I absolutely love these brain teasers!! I have several 2nd graders who are working at a very high level in math. These ALWAYS challenge them. They really have to think and often have to go back and try again.” -Amy M.
“Awesome independent or small group math challenges for students ready to push their math brains a bit further! I plan on making these challenges a math station next year. Thanks!” -Sarah B.
Type of File: Secured PDF digital download with link to Google Slides versions
Total Pages: 130 pages
Answer Keys: Included for every problem
Terms & Conditions
- Use this item for your own classroom and/or students.
- Make copies of anything in this product for use in your classroom by your students.
- Use this product in your own classroom year after year.
You may not:
- Give this item to others.
- Copy this item for use by others.
- Use any piece of this product to create a product, free or priced.
- Post, share, or save this product to any sort of digital site or server including, but not limited to, a personal, classroom, or district website.
All items in the Super Teacher store are digital product downloads. No items will be shipped to you. After your purchase you will receive an order confirmation email with an automatic download link for your digital product.
When you create a login during your purchase, in addition to having a direct link to the product sent to your email, you will also be able to download your purchase from this site.
Returns & Refunds
Because all products are digital files, and you will have immediate access to them after purchase, I cannot refund customers once a download link has been used. However, refunds will be given if you have purchased a product in error, or have purchased duplicates of a product. Please contact me by replying to your purchase confirmation email, or at the contact information below with any questions.
If you have any questions before purchase, feel free to email me at [email protected] or contact me through the contact forms here on the site. I would love to hear from you!
If you like this product, you might also like:
A YEAR of Math Challenges & Brainteasers Super Bundle
September Math Challenges & Brainteasers
October Math Challenges & Brainteasers
November Math Challenges & Brainteasers
December Math Challenges & Brainteasers
January Math Challenges & Brainteasers
February Math Challenges & Brainteasers
March Math Challenges & Brainteasers
April Math Challenges & Brainteasers
May Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Summer Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Animal Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Camping Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Travel Math Challenges & Brainteasers
Wonka Math Challenges & Brainteasers
You can also purchase this product at Teachers Pay Teachers HERE.